The Midwest Dog Training team specializes in result-oriented Obedience Training for every dog.
A dog trained by Midwest Dog Training is a happy dog, and happy dogs lead to happy owners. After completing our program you will understand the tools and techniques necessary to have a well-rounded pet. Midwest Dog Training will help you communicate with your dog while strengthening your bond. We offer well balanced customizable programs that will meet the individual needs of your pet. Choose between our In-Home Training program or the Board and Train Program. Your pet’s welfare is important to us. Midwest Dog Training uses the most humane techniques available in the dog training industry. We serve customers in Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Missouri and Kansas.
In 3 Weeks Your Dog Will
- Come, Sit, Down, Place and Off
- Quiet. Wait. Release
- Come When Called
- Understand Boundaries
- Stop Nipping
- Stop Barking
- Stop Jumping
- Stop Pulling On Leash
Midwest Dog Training offers private in-home training that can be tailored to the individual needs of your dog.
Board and Train
Midwest Dog Training is proud to showcase the finest Board and Train facility in the region.
- I wanted to thank Chris at Midwest Dog Training for training my new American Bulldog puppy. Because of my busy schedule I chose the Board and Train Program. Before the training Ali chewed up everything including my socks! After the training he is now “Sock Proof” and a well rounded pet. Sincerely, Fred Smoot (MN Viking’s Player 2006)Fred Smoot (MN Viking’s Player 2006)
- Midwest Dog Training did an exceptional job training my 1 year old Standard Poodle. She was hyper and destructive before we sent her to a Boarding and Training Session. After the 3 week session she is now allowed in the house to interact with our family and she is calm. We have a 19 month old son and she is very gentle and respectful towards him now. Being able to spend more time with our dog has improved the quality of our life, as well as, hers. She listens to commands and NO LONGER jumps, bites, chews, digs or pulls on a leash when we are walking her. I recommend Midwest Dog Training in Sioux City to anyone who has a new puppy or adult dog. Proud Standard Poodle Owners in Madison SDAngie B. – Madison, SD
- It is noon on a Monday and the neighborhood is bustling with cars, people, mailman, bikes, runners and squirrels. This used to be chaos for me and my dog Moose, a 15 month old Chocolate Lab, but not anymore! After 3 weeks at Midwest Dog Training I am able to stay relaxed in these situations which used to cause large amounts of frustration and worry with my dog. Moose would chase squirrels, run after people, bark at bikes, run across the street and if I he was on a leash my arm would about rip off! The guys at Midwest Dog Training worked a miracle, and improved my life so much. Moose now listens to my commands on the first try, stays by my side outside, does not jump on people who walk in the door, has not chewed up a thing in the house and does not bark or whine out the window. Before training, I could not take Moose for walks or runs because he would pull to hard and be too distracted with people or dogs or scents. Now I can run, walk and even bike ride with Moose, not even having to avoid dogs or people! Our life is completely different and we are forever grateful to the guys at Midwest Dog Training! Thank you!Kim D. – Vermillion, SD
- Our beloved dog had become quite food obsessed - 'surfing' the kitchen counter, taking food from kids, and even jumping on tables! It was getting to the point where taking him anywhere or having guests over was becoming impossible. With the food issue and his tendency to bolt as soon as the front door opened, my husband began researching dog training facilities. He found Midwest Dog Training and immediately wanted to send our dog for the 3 week training. I was EXTREMELY skeptical. I was not at all happy about the idea of sending our 'baby' away to a place that I had never even seen and I was convinced that no training on Earth was going to change his behavior. I was SOOOOO wrong and I could not be happier with our experience. Our dog has again become a part of our family rather than a nuisance. We are able to leave food out without constantly worrying about him taking it. We are also able to have him off leash outside without worrying about him bolting. I can't tell you how much of a joy it is to be able to open the door without fear of him running away! The e-collar works very well and the more we work with him, the better that he is getting. I definitely think we will be able to stop using the collar within just a few months. Thank you Midwest Dog Training!!!!!!!!!Shanti E – Coralville, IA
- My 2 dogs CoCo (boxer mix)and Winston (akita) have been excellent at following direction since their stay at Midwest Dog Training. They were both runners and jumpers, now they can stay in their place for 40 minutes if needed. I also received excellent hands on instructions when he returned them to me.Tammy Amick
- I cannot even begin to explain the difference Midwest Dog Training made for our home, our family, and our dog Buster. It's an entirely different environment in our house since Buster came home from his 3 weeks of boarded training. Grant picked him up from our house and returned him to us along with training Joe and I how to continue Buster's training here. He learned SO much....but even more than that, his entire demeanor is calmer and much easier to control if he decides he has his usual "husky energy" outbursts. And he and our 2 small dogs get along much better. It's changed the dynamic from one of stress and constant corrections to our husky puppies choices to a much calmer, structured, manageable, enjoyable husky puppy. I can, with full confidence, HIGHLY recommend this training for anybody looking for long term results and for an obedient, happy dog.Liana Kvidera
- Hello, Chris! Okay, WOW. I just wanted to let you know that things are going EXTREMELY well! Bo, Lilly, and Charlie are amazing. I can take them outside without a leash and they all obey every command. Gracie mostly freezes, although she does come when called, and that was my big thing with her. That, and house training. I am taking your good start and continuing to work with her on crate training. She did not sleep with us last night, but instead stayed in her small crate with no bedding. During the day if she is is unsupervised, she is crated. Our foster puppy, like all kids, is just doing what the other kids do. So, because everyone is behaving, I guess she thinks she should behave, too! It helps that she is a German Shepherd mix, and already was obeying off-lead commands (and she's only about 15 week old!). Alex is delighted about Elliott. He is able to take Elliott in out in public and not worry about having him under control. That is astonishing. I don't think it is an exaggeration to say that you have changed our lives. Thank you so much for everything!! Gratefully, Robyn PorterRobyn Porter
I am amazed at how well behaved Remmie is. It is like the 3 wks with you gave him a compass of right and wrong. He laid at our feet at dinner time and we are really enjoying his sweet disposition! He swam with the family and didn't do his crazy plant destroying dance trying to dry off. We are very satisfied:)We are Very Satisfied!
- Happy Trainer from Midwest Dog TrainingKansas City, KS